- Rose insolent (Chanel)
- Love Chanel's classic bottles. Great pop of color on gray days. Needed several coats and chipped easily.
- Boots polish remover
- As good as any. Takes color off quickly.
- Nail clippers from Muji
- Plastic cover stops the bits from flying everywhere - why did nobody think of this before?!
- Fatigues (Mac)
- A nice change from beigey copies of Chanel's Particuliere. But needed 3-4 coats to avoid streaks.
- Bought from House of Fraser, but available direct from Mac
- Tangy (Boots No7)
- Fab summery color. Dried quick with solid color but soon needs top-up to cover chips.
- Artful Dodger (Butter London)
- Loved this color on other people, but wasn't so keen on it for me :(
- Bought in Oasis, but available from Boots
- Old Blightly (Butter London)
- Love a vampy red.
- Butter London website (not available at Boots.com)
Having bright neat nails makes me feel smart, a nice pop of color really gives an extra lift to an outfit, and gives confidence. But as soon as its chipped its coming off...!!
Not a fan of long talons or claws. Clip into shape, neat, short and round, use file (not metal) to smooth. I only use base coat if I have a lot of time... At least 2 coats of polish (depending on how streaky it is). Top coat if theres time.
SOO annoying when you paint nails in evening and end up with fabric imprints from sheets. Make sure its TOTALLY dry before going to bed!!
May be one day will make it to Wah nails for their amazing designs...
Labels in this post:
muji, Boots, MAC, butter, make up, Chanel, nails